Are you a professionally driven software architect who not only loves architecting innovative software solutions but also who is still passionate about writing code?
- A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
- Projects requiring the design of innovative devices and platform software architecture solutions to solve complex challenges
- Proficient development skills in architecting software solutions and excels in writing C# code
- Experience in technically leading a project team to develop small-scale enterprise style software solutions.
- Professional experience in Middleware design such as the design of message queues and web services
- Database architecture and design skills (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL)
- Design experience using user interaction technologies both web-based (HTML5) and dedicated clients (XAML, WPF)
- An excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, information technology or a related subject from a top university.
You might also have (but not essential):
- Smartphone / tablet cross-platform development skills (e.g Xamarin Forms)
- Java development skills
- Design for cybersecurity experience
- Best practice professional knowledge of software management tools use (ie Version control, bug tracking, building and continuous integration, testing frameworks, etc)
- Software development experience with custom client devices (e.g. bespoke rich client software connecting to the system executing on custom, often embedded, hardware)
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic solutions architect to join our group of world-class employees. If successful you will be part of this high performing team and have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements in a fast-paced environment.
You will make a solid contribution by technically leading the software development and contributing to the implementation of complex software systems through all stages of the software/product development process.
A day in the life
At any one time, we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a solutions architect, you will have the opportunity to not only utilize and improve your software architecture skills but also your code writing skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and of course software design. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as leading daily stand-ups, developing software architectures, writing code, performing code reviews and attending client teleconferences. You will also lead a project team of software engineers. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge but there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive in our environment and fully realize your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.