Are you a driven RF engineer who loves a technical challenge and has the desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
- A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
- A position for you to operate as a lead RF/electronics engineer on new product developments.
- A strong understanding of electronic engineering and radio frequency engineering fundamentals
- A proven track record of delivering innovation in the consumer, industrial or medical space
- Skills in implementing high-performance analogue and RF circuits
- Developed products which contain Wifi, Bluetooth Smart, Cellular or proprietary communication modules
- In depth knowledge of EMC and RF testing methodologies to ensure products meet regulatory demands
- Had significant interaction with clients to identify requirements, advise on direction and formulate development roadmaps
- Successfully been the Project Manager heading an engineering team on a number of small to medium developments
- An excellent academic record with a 1st or 2.1 degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a top university.
You might also have (but not essential):
- High-speed digital design experience (signal Integrity, solving grounding issues)
- Antenna design experience
- Development experience with medical implant communication protocols for example MICS
- Full product development lifecycle experience, from inception through to manufacture
- Simulation experience using Spice as well as RF simulators. E.g. HFSS or Comsol
- Experience developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
- Volume manufacturing of complex electronics systems including RF systems
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on RF Engineer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be part of a high performing team and have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
You will make a solid contribution by technically leading the development of complex RF/electronics products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and your ability to apply technology in new scenarios.
A day in the life
At any one time, we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer areas. As a senior RF/electronics engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply and further improve your skills on one or more projects simultaneously across different market sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. You will be providing RF/electronics capability to deliver world class product developments to our clients. Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge but there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realize your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.