Are you a driven enthusiastic electronics engineer who loves a technical challenge and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about technology and providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
• Multiple product development projects that require expert project management/lead electronics skills
Ideally you will have:
• Significant experience of the full product development lifecycle, from concept through to transfer to manufacture in a lead system/electronics/embedded role
• A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
• Integrating off-the-shelf wireless solutions into products
• A proven track record of delivering innovation in consumer, industrial or medical fields
• Significant experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Successfully project managed a number of small to medium sized opportunities
• A strong understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams and mentor more junior employees
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
You might also have experience and skills in (but not essential):
• High speed digital design (for example signal integrity, VHDL)
• Implementing high performance analogue discrete circuits
• Designing products for low power
• Designing and debugging for EMC and wireless compliance
• Designing products for low cost, high volume manufacturing
• Development with medical implant communication protocols for example MICS
• Simulation using Spice as well as RF simulators. e.g. HFSS or Comsol
• Developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Senior Electronics Engineer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be a key member of the high performing Electronics, Software and Systems (ESS) team and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution leading the development of complex electronic products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer fields. As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your technical and consultancy skills on one or more projects simultaneously across these sectors. Projects range in length from a couple of months to a couple of years and require the implementation of a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team; providingbest practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. Your electronics capability will be key to delivering world class product developments to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.