Who We Are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives, going to market under six specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research, TSG and, most recently, Frontier. Across the businesses we collaborate closely with our clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.
We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation, with clients ranging from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has around 400 employees, with a global presence across Europe, North America and Asia. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions. We realise the Group’s success is largely driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking an enthusiastic HR Administrator to join the HR team in either our Cambridge (UK) or Epsom (UK) office. Reporting to the Group Head of HR, the successful candidate will provide important administrative support across all aspects of HR, enabling the HR team to provide an efficient and professional support service to each of Science Group’s operating businesses.
Science Group is best characterised as a growing and ambitious organisation with a fast-paced environment, whilst the workforce is comprised of scientists, engineers, regulatory professionals and industry experts. This full-time role is therefore suited to a candidate who will enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, international and constantly evolving working environment. You should be proactive, resilient and able to prioritise your own workload, with strong attention to detail and the ability to apply a consistently high level of accuracy to your work.
• Recruitment: Support the administrative side of the full recruitment process; liaising with the Talent & Development Advisor, hiring manager(s) and candidate(s) to ensure CVs are collated and submitted for review, whilst also scheduling appropriate interviews.
• New Joiners: Support the overall onboarding experience by administering the new joiner process; helping to prepare offer documentation, conducting reference checks, setting up relevant induction meetings. Also support the Talent & Development Advisor with any other administrative or logistical matters (e.g. payroll, relocation, equipment).
• Early Careers: Attend annual careers fairs on behalf of the Company, whilst supporting the coordination of all graduate programmes/internships and work experience placements as necessary.
• Learning and Development: Work with the Talent & Development Advisor to source appropriate training courses and book employees on relevant courses, whilst recording and monitoring training attendance and collating feedback.
• Logging Absence: Record all holiday and other employee absence on the HR system, responding to requests and escalating to the HRBP / Group Head of HR as appropriate. Also responsible for reconciling absence information on a regular basis, to ensure records are up-to-date.
• Payroll Administration: Ensure permanent changes are made to the HR system each month, escalating as appropriate, and collate information on relevant temporary changes before passing to the individual processing the payroll.
• File Management: Ensure employee files are up to date and accurate, setting up new files for new joiners and archiving those of leavers.
• Third Parties: Support managers in obtaining the correct information in order to employ third parties, producing the appropriate paperwork and managing the internal third party database.
• General Administrative Support: Participate in other ad hoc Group HR projects as required and provide additional administrative support to the HR function when needed.
• Travel: Whilst based predominantly in Cambridge or Epsom, this role will require some periodic travel to other office locations.
Experience & Qualifications
• Excellent administrative skills and high attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks effectively.
• Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-moving environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Able to exercise initiative and discretion when working with confidential information.
• Basic understanding of HR policies and processes preferable.
• Multi-site experience advantageous.
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring, to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise their personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.