Are you an outstanding electronics design engineer looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about technology and providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
This is a high profile role, placing you at the forefront of Sagentia’s innovative work in the medical, industrial and consumer space. The electronics team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system. We are looking for a high-achiever to inspire both our internal team and our clients. The successful candidate shall have the vision, flexibility, determination and enthusiasm to grow our electronics capabilities and succeed in a fast-paced development environment.
• Work together with our business development team both to market our electronics capabilities and to provide strong technical credibility to help close sales opportunities
• Provide leadership and mentoring to our growing team of Electronics & Systems Engineers
• Drive robust electronics & systems development processes and electronics systems architectures to achieve successful project outcomes
• Grow our team by
o Identifying skills necessary to future client needs and
o Hiring the best possible new candidates
• Manage and provide technical leadership on client projects
• Ensure the team is fully utilised on client work
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
• Multiple product development projects that require expert project management / lead electronics skills
You will have:
• Analogue and digital design expertise (15+ years)
• Successfully project managed a number of medium to large sized opportunities
• Significant experience of the full product development lifecycle, from concept through to transfer to manufacture in a lead system/electronics/embedded role
• Significant experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Head of Electronics & Systems to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be leading a team of high performing electronics designers and systems engineers and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution leading the development of complex electronic products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.