Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges using electronics? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills to product development challenges across diverse industries?
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• Projects ranging from quick build proof-of-principle prototypes through to full product developments
• The opportunity to work with clients to define their needs and shape the development of innovative and exciting products
You will have:
• Degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Combined Science with Electronics or similar from a top university
• A solid understanding of analogue and digital engineering fundamentals
• Practical experience of the electronics design cycle from initial concept through to circuit debug and test
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
You might also have (but not essential):
• Simulation experience using SPICE simulators, such as LTSPICE
• Capability in power electronics design
• Experience developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
We are looking for exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic graduates to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be part of this team and have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
A Day in the life
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a Graduate, you will have the opportunity to utilise and improve your electronic design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Projects will typically require multidisciplinary skills requiring team work, independent research, software development, mechanical design, and of course an electronics team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as attending daily stand-ups, concept generation, circuit design and simulation, debug and test as well as attending client teleconferences.
In addition, you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the electronics design field. You will also be involved with and support direct interaction with clients through regular external project update meetings.
You will work on client projects from your first day; we think this provides you with the opportunity to learn from a fantastic team of colleagues and put your great technical skills to use immediately! We work with you from the start of your time with us to ensure we understand how you want to develop your career in the future. We have a great variety of projects taking place at all times and identify, offer and provide bespoke training to support you in developing your existing skills and fill in any gaps. When you join you will be paired with a mentor whose job is to help you settle in, inspire you and instil the Sagentia way.
Each and every one of our employees has the opportunity to progress and develop within our business – there is no career ceiling; with commitment, hard work and determination there is no limit to what you can achieve! Success looks different to everyone and Sagentia provides great career advancement whether you want to apply your technical skills to brilliant projects, find solutions to problems no one else can solve, deepen and broaden your technical knowledge, manage complex projects, lead teams or business development!
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.