Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under various specialist brands and we accelerate growth of the Group by acquiring new businesses to enhance our offerings.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
This role gives the opportunity to work in a dynamic, AIM listed environment supporting the Sagentia and Advisory divisions. You shall provide financial information to the Project Managers and the Managing Directors with your interpretation and analysis which will enable them to manage the client projects and run their divisions effectively and profitably. You shall also support them in preparing their budgets and forecasts and, in doing so, will learn about the business and its key drivers.
As an integral part of the Division finance team, you’ll support the project accountants to achieve their objectives. Further, you shall drive the development of the finance processes and division reporting while partnering with division management to optimise the information provided.
Key responsibilities include:
• Reporting of key finance and non finance metrics, interpretation of results and analysis of variances
• Communicating the results to business managers in a clear and concise way
• Supporting budgeting and forecasting revenue and costs
• Continual improvement of information reported including using spreadsheet modelling
• Support to the Division Finance Manager for ad-hoc analysis
• Preparation and support of Group and Divisional reporting
You’ll report to the Division Finance Manager and are a skilled financial analyst, your knowledge built on a robust foundation of financial and accounting learning. You will have an eye for detail and will have the curiosity to analyse and interrogate the various pieces of information to provide meaningful analysis to your business contacts. You’ll have the confidence to instil financial discipline and the communication skills to explain your analysis to your business partners.
Experience & qualifications
• Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner and use this to influence others
• An analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions
• CIMA/ACCA part qualified or equivalent
• Experience in modelling and analysing large volumes of data and interpretation of financial information
• Organised and able to manage competing priorities with multiple stakeholders
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.