Hardware & electronics
The challenge in hardware and electronics is generally about meeting a specific technical requirement. Key areas of expertise include producing miniaturised products, mass-market products at compelling price-points, designing extremely low-power products and designing high speed, high performance systems.
Sagentia can help you with all aspects of the electronic design process, from initial feasibility studies right through to production ready designs. We are able to deliver cost effective designs for volume products as well as the design of complex mixed signal performance circuits.
High speed design focuses on controlling Signal Integrity (SI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). As components become smaller and faster, these issues become more significant. We have expertise in:
- Terascale High Performance Computing (HPC)
- High speed communication
- High speed board design
- High performance FPGA designs
Our expertise across a range of product and system complexities enables us to tailor our designs to provide an optimised hardware solution in each particular case, including highly demanding medical, process control and instrumentation target applications.
- 8-bit through to 32-bit CPU
- 16-bit through to 64-bit DSP
- Low power, cost effective CPLD designs
- Low power discrete digital circuits
We have successfully designed numerous analogue circuits, many of which are part of a larger system involving high speed digital and signal processing design. We have particular knowledge of:
- High performance circuits
- High speed, low noise, high fidelity, small size, low cost, low power
- Hardware / software tradeoffs
- Power supply design
- AC line voltage, DC, switch mode / linear topologies
- Various battery chemistries / charge controllers
- Design of custom transformers for high speed switching applications
- Transducer interfacing
- Magnetic, capacitive, optical and infrared, audio and ultrasound, resistive, various physiological signals (ECG/EMG/EEG)
- Precision ADC / DAC / CODEC interfacing
- Bespoke PCB layout
- Multilayer boards
- Specialised substrates for high performance RF designs and high power LED
- Flexi-PCB for miniature, low-cost products
Design for compliance
Most of our designs are subject to compliance testing against applicable international standards, and we regularly engage in detailed discussions with the relevant regulatory agencies and attend formal product testing. Our 30 years of experience covers markets across the world and we continually tune our design methods to maximise the probability of right-first-time compliance, in particular:
- Radio (Bluetooth/BTLE, Sub-1GHz, MICS, GSM, RFID)
We have completed over 10,000 projects for start-ups and global market leaders alike, from understanding the market & technology landscape through to developing and delivering complex products.
Our scientists and engineers redefine what’s possible and help R&D groups across the medical, industrial, oil & gas and consumer sectors achieve commercial return from their most complex technology projects.