Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Our specialist companies, Leatherhead Food Research, Technology Sciences Group, Sagentia, Oakland Innovation and OTM Consulting, collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments. Clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has over 400 staff across multiple locations including Cambridge, Epsom, Washington DC, California and Boston. Its numerous scientists, engineers and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions. We realise the Group’s success is largely driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
The Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our finance team in September/October 2019 for a 12-14 month contract. Reporting to the Financial Controller, in Cambridge, the successful candidate will provide an important support role within the finance function. This full-time fixed term contract is suited to a candidate who has experience of purchase ledger processes and bank reconciliations, has a good eye for detail, is proactive and applies a high level of accuracy to their work.
• Manage the purchase ledger within the accounting systems (Microsoft AX / Maconomy)
• Input multi-currency supplier invoices accurately on the system
• Resolve invoice/purchase order queries
• Reconcile supplier accounts and chase up unauthorised invoices
• Regular review of purchase ledger ageing report to ensure accurate and up to date
• Processing of employee expenses
• Prepare payment runs for supplier invoices and employee expenses
• Process foreign currency advances and returns for employee travel
• Process company credit cards on a regular basis
• Deal with supplier and employee queries in a timely manner
• Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations across numerous bank accounts
• Support and provide cover for other colleagues
• Adhoc and administrative support for the Finance team
Experience & Qualifications
• Experience in a purchase ledger role
• Experience of bank reconciliation processes
• Understanding of basic accounting processes
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Competent with Microsoft Excel
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.