Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Science Group goes to market under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and Technology Sciences Group (TSG Consulting). Across the businesses we collaborate closely with our clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.
We sit at the cutting edge of innovation working with clients that range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has around 400 employees across 15 European and North American offices and our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
As the project accountant for the Sagentia Medical and Commercial divisions, you shall provide a critical role supporting the scientists and engineers by keeping accurate finances for the projects. You shall proactively perform tasks such as client invoicing and shall respond to specific adhoc questions to interpret the information for consultants so they can understand how their projects are progressing. You shall own the project finances from start to finish, including the credit control function for these divisions.
Key responsibilities include
• New project setup, maintenance of existing projects and project closures on our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
• Raising sales invoices, liaising with Project Managers and proactively owning this process
• Preparation of weekly project tracker report and involvement in the review with the business
• Involvement in completion of monthly management accounts for your assigned companies
• Responsibility for credit control, ensuring debts are collected in an effective and time efficient manner and involving the business for assistance if needed
• Supporting the Senior Project Accountant with analysis and ad-hoc support
You’ll report to the Division Finance Manager and will have experience of prioritising your own work load, have a strong eye for detail and apply a high level of accuracy to your work. You can meet deadlines, will be confident to work independently as well as part of a team and will enjoy taking initiative in solving problems as they arise.
Experience & skills required
• Achieved AAT or equivalent by experience
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
• A willingness to learn
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
• Problem-solving ability
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.