Are you enthusiastic, curious and love solving complex challenges through application of your mechanical design/engineering skills? Are you passionate about product development and applying your skills to the design of diverse products across a range of market sectors?
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• An energetic and widely experienced mechanical engineering and product design team
• An open mind for new ideas
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic engineer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture.
You will have:
• A Degree (2.1 or above), in a relevant engineering discipline plus industry experience
• Mechanical design experience to include the development of new products, ideally gained within a consultancy or commercial environment
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects
• CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or CREO)
You might also have (but not essential):
• Mechatronic design experience
• A working knowledge of Kinematic control issues in robotics or complex electromechanical machines would be beneficial
• Experience in the development of Medical devices and medical device usability development needs
• Analytical skills employing tools such as FEA, moldflow, COMSOL, MATLAB and MATHCAD
• Experience of design for manufacture and assembly
• Experience of designing moulded plastic components
A Day in the life
You will have the opportunity to employ your mechanical design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work; across electronics design, software design, fundamental science and of course a mechanical and product design team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as concept generation activities, CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and reliability testing.
In addition you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the mechanical and design field. You will also be involved with, and support direct interaction with clients through regular external project update meetings.
You will have the opportunity to develop:
• Your experience of managing projects or work packages to tight timescales throughout the full product development life cycle
• Team leadership skills, involving guiding and planning team members’ activities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills - confidence and capability in a client facing role
• Business development expertise by providing pre-sales input
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of problems from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.