Who we are
Science Group is an international leader in technology advisory and product development services. The organisation focuses in applied science, product development, regulatory services and advisory offerings and sells into a number of key sectors: medical, food & beverage, consumer and industrial. It is frequently at the cutting edge of innovation. This role is for one of our 5 companies, Sagentia, and involves marketing science-led product development services to the medical sector.
We are seeking a Marcomms Manager to join the central marketing team to manage all marketing and communications activity for the medical sector. The role will suit an experienced marketer who has a comprehensive understanding of the medical sector in Europe and the US through having marketed similar consulting services to it or from a similar role within it. A good understanding of the healthcare model in the US, key technology trends (such as digital health, medical devices etc) and a good knowledge of medical terminology are highly desirable.
The role is Harston (Cambridge, UK) based and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK and global locations from time to time. The job is suitable for someone with 5 years’ marketing experience and with a marketing qualification such as CIM Certificate or Diploma in Marketing. The role will include the direct management of one marketing executive.
The role interfaces with two teams – the medical sector team which comprises sales and sector specialists and the marketing team with both a horizontal and a vertical structure. The projects we undertake can be truly game changing for both our clients and the medical sector in general - working in exciting areas such as cell & gene therapy, digital health and diagnostics. It is extremely rewarding, both personally and professionally, to work here.
Sagentia is based on a beautiful campus-style property south of Cambridge, with car parking onsite. The offices are extensive with comprehensive laboratory and product development facilities, a show case room profiling many of the products we have helped launch and airy, modern office & meeting space. We provide a free lunch, in the old mill part of the property, for all staff.
- Proposition development and messaging – working with the business MDs and key personnel to develop and create messaging for new and existing propositions to the medical sector
- Marketing planning
- Work with key stakeholders across the businesses to develop and deliver marketing themes, messaging, campaigns and activity
- Work with the Sales team to ensure integration between sector, sales and marketing
- Manage marketing budget
- Campaigns – support lead generation
- Lead the full process: Plan campaign activity and timelines, generate and deliver messaging and content with other team members and internal stakeholders, provide reporting on completion of the campaign with the marketing technologist
- Content development - Content theme and messaging development
- Generate a range of content to support sales and sector activity across the businesses this may include articles, hot topics, white papers, infographics
- Work with internal teams to ensure regular flow of content is being generated and pushed out externally including the update of website content on a monthly basis
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve messaging, formatting and presentation of brand on a range of materials such as client case studies, presentations, reports and meeting content
- Market understanding
- Be aware of both client/competitor messaging around key service/campaign areas and client/customer reviews
- General tactical marcomms: email marketing; PR; website; design; events
Experience & qualifications
- 5 years’ previous marketing experience
- Degree in business, marketing, or other
- 3 years working in a role directly or indirectly focused on the medical technology sector
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Terrific communicator
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.