Who we are
The Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. We go to market under 5 different brands: Sagentia, TSG Consulting, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting and Leatherhead Food Research. Across these companies, our services span the full R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer and industrial sectors. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has over 400 staff across offices in UK, US and Europe.
Within Sagentia Medical, we are seeking a Marketing Executive with a strong academic background and 1-2 years’ marketing experience ideally within a busy marketing team in a B2B professional services organisation. Reporting to the marketing manager, the role will suit a proactive who enjoys being a key team member and who has a passion for science and technology and the differences it can make to our world. To be successful in this role, you should want to pursue and develop a career in marketing and critically you should enjoy organizing conferences, digital media and collateral design. The role is based in Harston and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK locations from time to time. The candidate should also expect to travel internationally a few times a year in support of industry events.
Supported by the Marketing Manager you will be responsible for managing all Sagentia medical team events to ensure that they are not only identified, booked and attended but that we get maximum value from these events through effective outreach and follow-up activities. Event management will specifically include:
- Management of the medical team event plan
- Researching events and Managing events signed off.
- Event planning, organising the logistics and delivering marcomms
- Communication with the medical team, marketing team and attendees to ensure that events run smoothly
- Travel may be required
• Business development support:
Lead generation and supporting the sales team is key to success for our marketing function. As a key part of this role you will work closely with the Marketing Manager and the medical team to help identify potential prospects and build contact lists to target for campaigns or individual targeting. This will involve using Linked-In, Salesforce, Google, Zoominfo and other contact mining methods.
• Digital media:
- Assist with website content management system housekeeping tasks;
- Production of social media artwork and posting through online channels
• Salesforce admin support:
Data housekeeping as and when required, add new referred contacts, undertake regular checks on Meeting Note entry.
• Email campaigns administration:
Use email templates and broadcast systems to prepare and send email campaigns and the medical newsletter. You will need to manage lists, run reports, update statuses, manage salesforce integration, monitor and report on follow up activities.
• Content production, visual graphics and design support:
You will work with the Marketing Manager, members of the team, and external agencies to:
- Produce content, visual graphics and generate design ideas.
- Support development, creation and delivery process for all marketing communication; articles, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, infographics, videos, animations, branded collateral etc – and help shape the messaging and language involved.
- Ensure that all existing and new content are in line with most recent brand designs, guidelines and templates.
• Marketing admin and support:
- Raise purchase orders, record spend and set up new suppliers
- Handle and log email and website enquiries
- Source and order branded merchandise and literature. Maintain stocks and distribution.
- Maintain showcase room, reception literature
- Maintain photo library including sourcing new images and assisting with photo shoots
- Assist with journal subscriptions and renewals
Experience & Qualifications
• Strong academic background ideally with a degree in Marketing related discipline, business, English or other essay-based subject
• 1-2 years’ Marketing experience
• Excellent working use of PowerPoint and Word
• Good writing skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to learn
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-moving environment
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritise tasks
Desirable experience & qualifications:
• Familiar with CRM systems; Knowledge of SalesForce an advantage;
• Familiar with design packages; Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is an advantage;
• Experience of updating websites; Knowledge of WordPress and or Drupal is an advantage;
• Knowledge of the medical/healthcare sectors;
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.