Who we are
Science Group is an international consulting services group supporting the entire product innovation lifecycle. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients in the medical, food & beverage, industrial and consumer markets. Science Group brands include Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe and North America with offices across these continents. Our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are seeking a commercially focussed, enthusiastic lawyer or senior contracts manager to join our busy legal team based at the Cambridge office to provide maternity cover on a 13 month fixed term contract. Most legal work for the Group is managed in house, combining a rigorous assessment of risk and corresponding protections for the Group with a flexible and commercial approach to individual circumstances.
Reporting to the Group Legal Counsel and working closely with the whole legal team, this is a varied role spanning all business divisions and working with business managers, delivery and sales staff across all offices. It will include sharing responsibility on a day to day basis for client and supplier contracts across the Group. The successful candidate should expect to support team members in other matters.
The successful candidate will be proactive, versatile and confident in providing robust advice to all levels of the business. They will be capable of negotiating contracts, liaising with clients and providing robust advice to the business. High standards of drafting, attention to detail, organisation skills and an ability to grasp broader commercial issues are required. They will also need to quickly develop an understanding of the Group’s various businesses, key individuals and priorities.
• Reviewing, amending and negotiating client and supplier NDAs, project agreements and other contracts
• Advising business managers on contract issues and escalating to the Executive team as appropriate
• Attending business bid review meetings and reviewing and advising on project proposal documentation
• Reviewing and advising on other matters handled by the legal team
Experience & qualifications
• Strong academic credentials
• Legal or paralegal experience with a strong commercial background
• Experience of reviewing and negotiating service contracts, advising consultants or other service providers and/or negotiating high value contracts
• Experience of working with/advising the technology sector and/or an interest in technology
• Previous in house experience would be beneficial but not essential
• Experience of working with international companies, clients or contracts would be beneficial but not essential
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.