Are you an outstanding electronics design engineer looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about technology and providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
This is a high-profile role, placing you at the forefront of Sagentia’s innovative work in the medical, industrial and consumer space. The electronics hardware team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including the rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
We are looking for a high achiever to inspire both our internal team and our clients. The successful candidate is expected over time to develop into a capability leadership role with significant technical content where much of the satisfaction will arise from not only building the team but also its capability regarding skill set, revenue generation and headcount.
• Strong technical leadership and project management of our projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality
• Significant electronics hardware design contribution to our projects
• Interaction with our clients to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Contribute to our sales effort by supporting our business development team by presenting our electronics capabilities in sales meetings and writing project proposals
• Drive robust electronics and systems development processes, and electronics systems architectures to achieve successful project outcomes
• The excitement of a variety of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors that will give you the opportunity to achieve your personal goals and career progression
• The satisfaction of developing initial ideas into real tangible game changing products in short time scales
• The opportunity to significantly contribute to ground-breaking projects for our clients where you will work with cutting-edge technologies
You will have:
• Experience working in a senior position for a technology consultancy company
• Analogue and digital design expertise (15+ years)
• Successfully technically project managed a number of medium to large sized opportunities
• Significant experience of the full product development lifecycle, from concept through to transfer to manufacture in a lead system/electronics/embedded role
• Significant experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Head of Electronics to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be leading a team of high performing electronics designers and systems engineers and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution leading the development of complex electronic products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package with bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.