Are you an outstanding scientist, analyst and developer, looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about technology and providing clients with a competitive edge?
This is a high-profile role, placing you at the forefront of Sagentia’s innovative advisory and product development work in the medical, industrial and consumer space.
We are looking for a high achiever to inspire and grow our new team in the field of Data Science. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and management skills whilst maintaining an ability to provide significant technical input and content to projects to support the team as it grows and further develop our business.
Who we are
Sagentia is part of the Science Group plc, an international consulting company supporting our clients’ entire product innovation lifecycle. Our services include applied science, product development, advisory and regulatory. These are combined with market expertise in Medical, Food & Beverage, Industrial, Energy and Consumer sectors. We have offices across Europe, North America and China and employ over 400 staff worldwide with fluency in 30 languages. Our team is made up of highly qualified scientists, engineers and regulatory specialists.
• Growth of the new Data Science team at Sagentia through identification and recruitment of high calibre individuals.
• Strong technical leadership and management of projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality.
• Interaction with our clients to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps.
• Contribute to our sales effort by supporting our business development team by presenting our Data Science capabilities in sales meetings and writing project proposals.
• The excitement of a wide variety of high-profile projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors that will give you the opportunity to achieve your personal goals and career progression.
• The satisfaction of helping some of the world’s leading brands define and execute their R&D strategy, developing initial ideas into real tangible game changing products and solutions in short time scales.
• The opportunity to significantly contribute to ground-breaking projects for our clients where you will work with cutting-edge technologies.
You will have:
• An excellent academic record with a university degree in Engineering, Mathematics or relevant Science discipline.
• Technical credibility and experience in applying Data Science to real world problems to derive actionable insights from data.
• Specific experience in the use of Data Science tools and techniques such as AI, Machine learning, simulation, mathematical modelling and analysis, algorithm development, statistical analysis etc.
• Experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams.
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Head of Data Science to join our group of world class employees at Sagentia. If successful you will be managing a team of high performing scientists and engineers and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.