Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges through application of your Product Design or mechanical engineering skills? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills to product design and development challenges across diverse industries?
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• An energetic and widely experienced mechanical engineering and product design team
• An open mind for new ideas
You will have:
• Degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD) in a relevant engineering discipline (or similar) with industry experience
• Mechanical or product design skills
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects
You might also have (but not essential):
• Mechatronic design experience
• Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, moldflow, COMSOL, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
• CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or ProE)
We are looking for energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic graduate to join our group of world class employees on a 6-month fixed term contract starting September/October 2019. If successful you will have the opportunity to work with our Mechanical Systems & Design team delivering to clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will have the opportunity to experience the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and detailed design.
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a Graduate Intern, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your mechanical design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work; across electronics design, software design, fundamental science and of course a mechanical and product design team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as concept generation activities, CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and reliability testing.
In addition you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the mechanical and design field..
Your work will be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.