Are you a driven electronics engineer who loves a technical challenge and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
The electronics hardware team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including the rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only work on multi-disciplinary project teams but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
- An exciting variety of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer areas
- Opportunities to develop novel ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
- A position for you to operate as a lead electronic/RF engineer on new product developments
- Experience of RF and high-speed digital design used in high volume consumer electronics
- Designed high quality and robust analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
- Developed products which contain DAB, Wifi, Bluetooth Smart, Cellular or a proprietary communications protocol
- Excellent academic record with a 1st or 2.1 degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a top university
You might also have (but not essential):
- Hardware compliance requirements experience to ensure that our products remain compliant
- Experience in working with the Field Application Engineers and Sales team to support technical issues
- Antenna design experience
- Full product development lifecycle experience, from inception through to manufacture
- Simulation experience using Spice as well as RF simulators. E.g. HFSS or Comsol
You will be part of our world class consulting engineering team who use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
You will have the unique opportunity of working with our clients which range from start-ups through to global market leaders in the medical, industrial, oil & gas and consumer areas.
You will also have the opportunity to not only work with our Smart Frontier Technology company supporting the FAE and Sales teams with any technical issues module but also with ops teams in the UK and Shenzhen to ensure that manufacturing and production test of the FST modules remains efficient and effective.
You will make a solid contribution by technically leading the development of complex electronic/RF products through all stages of the development process by using your flair for innovation and your ability to apply technology in new developments.
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer areas. As an electronic/RF engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your skills on one or more projects simultaneously across the areas. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. You will be providing electronics/RF capability to deliver world class product developments to our clients. Your work will be predominately at Sagentia offices but there will be occasions where you will travel to the client site in Europe or USA for a few days at a time. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment that encourages you to solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.