Are you an enthusiastic electronics engineer who loves a technical problem and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about technology and providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
The electronics hardware team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only work on multi-disciplinary project teams but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
• Design high quality and robust analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
• Interact with our clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, and hand over finished designs
• Support integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
• Multiple product development projects to further develop your skills and career
Ideally you will have:
• A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
• A strong understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
You might also have experience and skills in (but not essential):
• High speed digital design (for example signal integrity, VHDL)
• Implementing high performance analogue discrete circuits
• Designing products for low power
• Designing products for low cost, high volume manufacturing
• Simulation using Spice as well as RF simulators. e.g. HFSS or Comsol
• Developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Electronics Engineer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be a key member of the high performing Electronics, Software and Systems (ESS) skill group and have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution in the development of complex electronic products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer fields. As an Electronics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your technical skills on one or more projects simultaneously across these sectors. Projects range in length from a couple of months to a couple of years and require the implementation of a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team, providing best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. Your electronics capability will be key to delivering world class product developments to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.