Who we are
Sagentia’s Medical Division works with global, leading companies and disruptive start-ups in a range of healthcare and medical device fields. We help R&D and business development teams to explore market markets and trends, discover enabling technologies and partners, define and develop new breakthrough products and services. Our approach involves combining our internal expertise in science and technology with leveraging of insights drawn from experts around the world. Ultimately, we are looking to support our clients by guiding their direction towards delivering clinically useful, commercially successful products worldwide. Together with our sister companies under Science Group, we are able to offer advisory, product development and regulatory services allowing Sagentia to become a strategic development partner.
Recent examples of our work have included:
• Definition of a Minimal Viable Product to help kickstart a new In Vitro Diagnostic business opportunity
• Mechanical and Electrical engineering design for an advanced radiotherapy system
• Creation of a technology and product roadmap for a surgical stapling division
• Exploration of the surgical robotic market landscape to guide future investment decisions
• Technology invention to enable a novel surgical device platform
Our parent company, Science Group plc, has a global reach with a multinational workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America. We look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are looking for an experienced lead consultant to work across a portfolio of clients within the Medical market, to join Sagentia’s Medical team in our Harston, Epsom or London office. The role has three areas of responsibility:
1. Coordinate and drive the growth of our medical advisory business within a portfolio of Strategic Accounts
2. Instigate and initiate relationships with new business accounts
3. Provide consulting inputs into projects
You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients, both in Europe and North America. You should expect to make around 6 US trips a year in addition to routine short trips to Europe.
• Lead responsibility for defining and delivering Advisory opportunities within selected Strategic Accounts where Sagentia has an existing relationship; this will encompass both telephone and field work with routine visits to clients in order sustain key relationships and to increase customer penetration
• Focus on new business creation activities, introducing the company’s Advisory services, presenting portfolio reviews, leveraging existing and new contacts to identify new project opportunities, discussing and responding to new project briefs.
• Listen to the needs of the customer and translate these into appropriate programs of work (in consultation with other Advisory Consultants).
• Promote services to new business targets in order to win new customer accounts. The role will involve a mix of targeted lead generation and client face-to-face meetings.
• Attend industry/sector meetings and conferences and draw support from the Medical marketing team
• Pitch the business and handle RFPs through to proposal stage. Once the business has been won the individual will then nurture these new accounts to secure and grow future business streams.
• Assist in strengthening the relationship with strategic and new business accounts. The role will have a ~30% billable hours target. This will focus on higher-value more strategic types of project-work.
Experience & Qualifications
We prefer candidates to have either an MSc or PhD in a technical or science discipline, but this is not essential. The ideal candidate will have
• Substantive business and/or technology consulting experience
• Relevant industry/technology background/experience, e.g., have worked in a technical and/or business development capacity for a consultancy and/or blue chip company in the Medical sector
• Experience of business development in a technology and/or business consulting environment;
• A track record of leading and closing sales to deliver significant consulting revenue streams
• A strong personal, organizational, and work ethic;
• Skills to both hunt for new business opportunities and foster relationships with existing clients;
• Have a confident, tenacious, robust personality, be able to build relationships internally and be a team player.
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.