Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges using software? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills over a one-year placement?
• A one-year placement to start in summer 2020, which will provide you with exposure to a multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• A team of aces to work with
• An open mind for new ideas
• Be studying towards a degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or similar) from a top university and looking for a one-year placement opportunity
• Have strong GCSE and A levels;
• Have exposure to software development skills in at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, C# or Java
• Have enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
You might also have (but not essential):
• Algorithm design exposure: Signal / image processing or feedback control including robotics
• Web technologies exposure (e.g. Java Spring MVC, Angular.js, node.js)
• Mobile platform development exposure (e.g. iOS or Android)
Over the one-year placement, you will work on various projects alongside our world class employees and gain an insight into consultancy and the exciting challenges we work on. This is a unique opportunity to experience clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to assist in meeting and exceeding our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will experience working across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a one-year placement student, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your software development skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work across electronics design, mechanical design, product design and of course a software team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as attending daily stand-ups, writing code, writing unit tests, and performing code reviews.
In addition, you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the software development field. You will also be included in interaction with clients through regular external project update meetings.
You will be based at our Sagentia office, in Harston. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment that solves a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.