Science Group announces significant investment in US Operations
9 January 2017: Science Group plc (AIM:SAG), announces a number of strategic developments as part of a significant program of investment in its US operations in 2017.
The highlights are:
- Opening of additional US office in San Francisco Bay Area to complement existing Houston and Boston offices;
- Appointment of Dan Edwards, currently Group Commercial Director, as President of the Group’s North American operations;
- Promotion of Chris Covey to head up the Group’s Boston office as Vice President, East Coast. Chris Covey will continue to head up the Industrial Sector of the Sagentia Division of Science Group, relocating this strategic role closer to its customer base;
- Appointment of Henry St Aubyn to head up the Houston office whilst continuing in his role as North America Principal Consultant in the Oil & Gas sector;
- Appointment of Mark Tuckwell and David Pettigrew, Vice Presidents, to launch the Group’s new Californian operation. Both Mark and David are long-standing, highly regarded senior managers within the Sagentia Division of Science Group, reflecting the importance of the new West Coast operations;
- Anticipated increase in USA headcount by over 50% during the first half of 2017.
“With the US market currently accounting for almost half of Science Group revenues, these significant investments underline the commitment to our US clients,” comments Dan Edwards, President of North America and Group Commercial Director. “The establishment of a new office in San Mateo increases proximity to existing clients and facilitates the development of new relationships in this key market where Science Group has seen significant growth over the past year. The San Francisco Bay Area is a major life science and high-tech hub operating at the leading edge of science and innovation, exactly where Science Group can add most value to its technology clients.”
The Group’s strong commitment to the career development of its international employee base is reflected by many of these senior appointments being from within the Group. This strong core team will leverage the dynamic science and technology ecosystem of the San Francisco Bay Area and its associated talent-pool to make new appointments over the course of 2017.
< ends >