Innovation in the personal care, health and beauty industry has traditionally been dominated by R&D in formulation chemistry and huge marketing budgets. In recent years, however, a new area for product development has emerged: devices.
There are different types of device in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) market; diagnostic devices that provide consumers with information about their care regime, devices that are used in combination with a chemistry to deliver therapeutic benefit, and standalone therapeutic devices. Whilst none of this is completely new, what has changed is that devices seem to be the next key innovation platform to help take the CPG market forward. The current drive for devices is fuelled by consumer appetite for ‘something more’ and a string of technology advancements offering exciting yet affordable functionality.
Sagentia operates across the product and technology development lifecycle and therefore assists in front end need and market analysis, concept generation, technology and product development and finally transfer to manufacture. Sagentia has significant experience in personal care areas including hair & skin care diagnostic and treatment devices, dispensing fluids, heating devices for skin therapeutics and treatment lamps.
- Our track-record of solving complex development challenges delivering commercially successful products
- Our curiosity, passion and collaborative approach in approaching new development challenges
- Our flexible business model and client-friendly attitude to IP ownership
- Out track record in bringing commercially successful products to market on time and on budget
- Our expertise, skills and knowledge of the science, technologies and disciplines required to bring successfully consumer devices to market