Baby & child care
Mum and dad know best but sometimes they need a bit of support. Working in partnership with manufacturers of child and baby equipment we use our deep scientific and technology capabilities to deliver innovation and major advancements in baby care.
Traditionally the baby equipment market has remained resistant to new technology. This is changing, however, as a new generation of young people become parents. Post-millennials are more tech-savvy and accepting of technology as well as trustful of what it can deliver. At the same time, the cost of sensors is falling and the supporting technologies needed for connectivity to the cloud increasingly prevalent. Combined , there is now a more obvious market opportunity for manufacturers of baby equipment.
Our work spans technology scouting and market landscaping, proof of principle investigation, concept development, design, prototyping, verification and transfer to manufacture.
Areas of expertise
Sagentia works on opportunity discovery to full product development.
- Safety & wellness sensing & response
- Smart products for cognitive development & play
- Connected communities such as parent-to-child; parent-to-health-worker; parent-to-parent
- Next generation baby & parent equipment
- Sensors, IoT devices & remote interaction
- Haptic vibration, imaging & hydraulics
- Smart play yards, strollers, car seats, baby toys, feeding & care
- Developing world applications like remote connectivity to health workers
- Our track-record of solving complex development challenges delivering commercially successful products
- Our curiosity, passion and collaborative approach in approaching new development challenges
- Our flexible business model and client-friendly attitude to IP ownership
- Our track record in bringing commercially successful products to market on time and on budget
- Our expertise, skills, and knowledge of the science, technologies, and disciplines required to bring successfully consumer devices to market
For an informal chat to one of our technology consultants please fill out the form below: