End-to-end support for connected products
Nuvola provides a comprehensive support service or “back-end” for IoT products in the field. The difference between selling a product and selling a connected product is that connected products generally exploit 2-way connectivity either to support their basic operation or to keep updated with latest firmware or connectivity updates. Additionally, manufacturers of products may wish to leverage data from their products to understand consumer usage, trends and patterns to improve service or product design in the future. Nuvola is a pre-built service comprising technology, best practice business process and consulting services to design an operating model that is suited for your organisation. This can include:
- Creating and deploying consumer apps to facilitate initial product set-up and connection to back-end infrastructure
- Onboarding new products and consumers
- Providing payment gateways or other options for paid service models
- Exploiting Nuvola architecture for product operation
- Managing firmware updates to products in the field for security, product connectivity or other updates
- Managing online messaging to consumers in multiple languages
- Providing data either as data feeds or via dashboards for monitoring of service levels and consumer usage
- Integrating to third party content providers or databases for other services to enhance product offering got consumers
- Managing customer churn
- Advising on product to service business model and options
With Nuvola we're enabling a newly connected world
From heavy industry to complex production lines, IoT allows real-time monitoring and can provide deeper insights to help improve efficiency, availability and throughput.
We’re seeing IoT creating smarter maintenance and service schedules for physical objects by effectively creating digital versions which can be inspected instead. And facilities or equipment in difficult to reach locations can be networked meaning they become much easier to maintain and can be condition monitored remotely without the need of an on-site engineer.
While ‘industrial’ might traditionally be understood to refer to the heavy industries such as factories, mining, underground earthworks and the like, it also incorporates devices ranging from range from tiny environmental sensors to complex industrial robots.
The Industrial IoT is enabled by technologies such as: cybersecurity, cloud computing, edge computing, mobile technologies, machine-to-machine learning, 3D printing, advanced robotics, and big data. Together these can deliver to a diverse range of industries, including agriculture, healthcare, financial services, retail and advertising.
We can design an operating model for your organisation that can provide for:
Internal – operational efficiencies
- Improved productivity such as asset tracking and condition monitoring
- Manufacturing quality assurance
- Real-time analytics for rapid decision making
External – B2B customer service
- Superior customer experience
- Improved after-sales support
- Use data to inform new product development
- Breakdown of traditional value chains
- New business models such as moving from product sale to service model
- New revenue opportunities such as software updates to add new features