Development of commercial-scale, rapid, microbial detection system for PathoGenetix, Inc.
PathoGenetix selected Sagentia as their product development partner to take their current laboratory prototype and their proprietary GSS technology and help turn it into a technically successful platform.
“Sagentia has been a great product development partner. Working with them has allowed us to get to market faster with concept to delivery of the new RESOLUTION™ System in 18 months”
Ann Merrifield, CEO, PathoGenetix
Sagentia worked across the product development lifecycle:
- Concept validation and VoC analysis across worldwide sites to help the client determine and define their go-to-market strategy
- Development of the architecture
- Delivery of all electro-mechanical and electro-optical aspects that enable the GSS technology to be taken to market
- Delivery of alpha prototypes
- We combined two initial bread board systems into an intuitive and usable system with a smaller footprint, as well as a lower per-unit cost base
- The system has the potential to identify the specific pathogen causing a foodborne illness outbreak – a critical step in defining the extent of the outbreak, determining the food involved, finding the source of the contamination and defining the scope of a product recall