Dental diagnostic technologies
Fast, convenient diagnosis from the dentist’s chair.
Our client required a review of alternative diagnostic methods to 2D & 3D x-ray, assessing the technical and commercial benefits. The technical review focused on the fundamental physics of both novel methods and those with more established history of use.
From biomarkers to imaging technologies, Sagentia has deep experience working with imaging & diagnostic technologies and transferring this experience into the dental domain.
Sagentia used its Applied Science capability to:
- Facilitate a workshop to gather technical, commercial and clinical requirements
- Review candidate technologies including fluorescence, near IR, fibre-optic transillumination, Raman, OCT, Terahertz, ultrasound, MRI and salivary markers
- Develop recommendations, with consideration of technical performance, clinical decision making, cost of ownership, client strategic fit
- Clear go/no go recommendations the technologies with forward plan addressing technical risk reduction
- Costed forward plan for proof of principle ex vivo studies on novel diagnostic method