Dental devices & systems
Next generation device development for root canal treatment.
Our client required a bottom up re-design of an existing root canal treatment device that would improve efficiencies in the next-gen product within ambitious timescales. It required Sagentia provide full design lifecycle support from concept to regulatory submission.
- Usability study to assess existing working practice and observe problem areas
- Divergent convergent ideation to produce 3 distinct concept designs
- Through KOL review, converge onto a single Proof of Principle prototype
- Engage with CM to develop and produce production ready design
- Support development build and prepare DHF file for 510(k) submission
- Novel integration of fluidic systems to increase productivity
- Design increases treatment efficacy and reduces repeat visits due to re-infection
- Forecast increased revenue stream with a value added disposable system