Baby and Child Monitor: an award-winning wireless monitor
Development of a low-cost, wireless wrist monitor.
Our client asked us to develop a low-cost wrist monitor worn by both the child and the parent for alerting when a baby cries or a toddler wanders off out of range.
Sagentia created a novel, low-power battery-driven radio as a base for the solution that included:-
- two units, one for the parent and one for the toddler
- monitoring of up to 3 children simultaneously
- warnings if a child cries or exceeds a set distance range
- also monitors room temperature and functions as a digital watch
- product size of only 35mm
- ‘Best of Innovation’ winner in the CES Innovation Design & Engineering Awards
- Battery life of 6 months
- Highly integrated electronics & design