Who are we?
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
Our team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
Are you a multi-skilled engineer who enjoys solving challenges with a holistic approach and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about providing clients with a competitive technology edge?
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only lead and work on multi-disciplinary project teams but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial, food & beverage and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas developing into real tangible products in short time scales
• Projects requiring the design of innovative devices and platform solutions to solve complex problems
• Developed products in medical or other regulated environments, including requirements management and risk assessment knowledge
• Hands-on design experience of complex systems (e.g. surgical robotics, diagnostic devices) in a multi-disciplinary team (electronics, software, mechanics) in particular, complex electronics hardware with software algorithms for devices or systems
• Technically lead a multi-disciplinary project teams in the overall system design, architecture and deliverables
• Worked closely with clients to understand and develop system requirements
• Excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, general engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering or a related subject from a top university
You might also have (but not essential):
• Designed, developed, debugged and tested complex systems (with particular emphasis on instrumentation, real-time control and integration with complex electromechanical systems)
• Created test plans, executed and documented the results
• Volume manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical systems exposure
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial, food & beverage and consumer sectors. As a senior system engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your systems skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. You will be bringing all these disciplines together to deliver world class devices or platforms to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia Innovation offices in Harston, Cambridge but there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of problems from different industries.
You will work on client projects from your first day; we think this provides you with the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of colleagues and put your great technical skills to use immediately! We work with you from the start of your time with us to ensure we understand how you want to develop your career in the future. We have a great variety of projects taking place at all times and identify, offer and provide bespoke training to support you in developing your existing skills and fill in any gaps. When you join you will be paired with a mentor whose job is to help you settle in, inspire you and instil the Sagentia Innovation way.
Every one of our employees has the opportunity to progress and develop within our business – there is no career ceiling; with commitment, hard work and determination there is no limit to what you can achieve! Success looks different to everyone and Sagentia Innovation provides great career advancement whether you want to apply your technical skills to brilliant projects, find solutions to problems no one else can solve, deepen and broaden your technical knowledge, manage complex projects or business development!
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.