Are you enthusiastic and curious and love using technology to solve complex challenges? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic Consultant Chemist to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors
• A team of aces to work with
• An open mind for new ideas
We are in the midst of an exciting time for the business as we seek to grow within the UK and internationally following substantial investment in new laboratories and our research centres. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on people who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment. This role is based at our Harston site.
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a bright, ambitious Consultant Chemist to join our Applied Science team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
• Feasibility assessment informed by practical experience and analysis
• Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life
• Creative problem solving and concept generation
• Technology scouting
The successful candidates will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. You can find examples of previous projects here.
• Apply technical expertise to effectively consult on the use, analysis and characterisation of chemicals and processes for use in a range of different applications;
• Develop methods, technologies and applications to meet tight specifications set by clients;
• Lab testing, analysis and experimental investigation;
• Technology scouting;
• Project Management of smaller projects;
• Support sales with technical content and project definition
Experience & Qualifications
• A degree in Chemistry, ideally with a PhD in Chemistry
• At least 3-5 years of experience applying your core Chemistry skills in a consulting, industrial or similar environment
• Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Biological Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Food and Beverage Chemistry, Formulation, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Synthesis or Polymer materials and their processing and applications, or other relevant subjects
• Broad understanding of chemicals, materials and their properties and application beyond your particular field;
• Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
• A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work independently and safely;
• An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.